323 Hydraulic Excavator
OverviewThe CatÂ® 323 excavator has the speed, efficiency, and power for your heavy-duty applications requiring maximum productivity. You get built-in Cat GRADE with 2D, Grade Assist, and Payload as standard equipment right from the factory â€” boosting your operator efficiency by up to 45%. Combine these features with a new cab, longer maintenance intervals and reduced fuel consumption that lower maintenance costs by up to 15% and fuel consumption by up to 20% and you have an absolutely low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator built for your heavy-duty applications.
323 Hydraulic Excavator - Specifications
|Net Power - ISO 9249||
Cat C7.1e TA
|Engine Power - ISO 14396||
|Maximum Digging Depth||
Reach 5.7 m (18'8")
Reach 2.9 m (9'6")
HD 1.19 m³ (1.56 yd³)
|Maximum Reach at Ground Level||
|Maximum Cutting Height||
|Maximum Loading Height||
|Minimum Loading Height||
|Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom||
|Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth||
|Bucket Digging Force - ISO||
|Stick Digging Force - ISO||
|Main System - Maximum Flow||
429 l/min (113 gal/min)
|Maximum Pressure - Equipment||
|Maximum Pressure - Travel||
|Maximum Pressure - Swing||
|Maximum Swing Torque||
|Fuel Tank Capacity||
86.6 gal (US)
6.6 gal (US)
6.6 gal (US)
|Swing Drive - Each||
3.2 gal (US)
|Final Drive - Each||
1.3 gal (US)
|Hydraulic System - Including Tank||
61.8 gal (US)
30.4 gal (US)
10.8 gal (US)
Reach 5.7 m (18'8")
Reach 2.9 m (9'6")
HD 1.19 m³ (1.56 yd³)
|Shipping Height - Top of Cab||
|Tail Swing Radius||
|Length to Center of Rollers||
323 Hydraulic Excavator - Standard Equipment
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- CAT TECHNOLOGY
- Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D
- Cat GRADE with 3D
- 52° C (125° F) high-ambient cooling capacity
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Hammer return filter circuit
- Combined flow/high pressure aux circuit
- Medium pressure aux circuit
- Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber
- Boom /Stick lowering check valves (BLCV/SLCV)
- Heavy lift configuration
- UNDERCARRIAGE AND GUARDS
- HD bottom guard for demolition
- Swivel guard for demolition
- HD travel motor guards for demolition
- 4200 kg (9,260 lb) counterweight
- Semi-HD swing frame for 4200 kg counterweight
- Standard Swing bearing for 4200 kg counterweight
- Base frame with HD track rollers and standard carrier rollers for 4200 kg counterweight
- Track guiding guard, full length
- SD base frame w/ SD track rollers & SD carrier rollers
- UNDERCARRIAGE AND STRUCTURES
- 600 mm (24") single grouser track shoes
- 700 mm (28 ") triple grouser HD track shoes
- 790 mm (31 ") triple grouser HD track shoes
- 900 mm (35") triple grouser HD track shoes
- BOOM,STICKS & LINKAGES
- 5.7 m (18'8") HD reach boom +2.9 m (9'6") HD stick for demolition
- VA boom (2.8m (9'2") stub + 3.3m (10'10") fore) - Europe only
- Bucket linkage, B1-family with lifting eye
- Bucket linkage , B1-family without power link with Lifting Eye (Europe only)
- Power link kit , B1-family with lifting Eye (Europe only)
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- 1000 CCA maintenance-free batteries (x4) for cold starting capability -32C°
- LED chassis light, left and right hand boom lights ,cab lights w/ cover and rain protector - 850 lumens, for use with 360° visibility
- LED chassis light, left and right hand boom lights for VAB, cab lights - 850 lumens (Europe only)
- LED chassis light, left and right hand boom lights for VAB, cab lights w/ cover and rain protector - 850 lumens, for use with 360° visibility (Europe only)
- Premium surround lighting package
- SERVICE & MAINTENANCE
- Preventative maintenance ready (Quick-Evac)
- Radiator screen
- SAFETY & SECURITY
- 360° visibility
- Right hand side mirror (Europe only)
- Rearview and right-hand-sideview camera
- Cat Command remote control
- PREMIUM CAB UPGRADES, STANDARD PLUS
- ROPS, advanced sound suppression
- High resolution 10" (254 mm) LCD touch screen monitor (only for use with 360° visibility).
- High resolution 10" (254 mm) LCD touch screen monitor + additional monitor (only for use with 360° visibility and Cat Grade with Advanced 2D or Cat Grade with 3D).
- Seat ventilator
- Parallel wiper with lower parallel w/wisher
- Roller rear sunscreen
- Rain protector and cab light covers (only for use with 360° visibility).
- HD buckets 1.19m³ (1.56yd³), 1.3m³ (1.71yd³), 1.38m³ (1.81 yd³)
323 Hydraulic Excavator - Related Products
- PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY -
- Use up to 20% less fuel than the 323F excavator.
- Increase operator efficiency by up to 45% with a suite of Cat technologies that lower operator fatigue and your operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
- Match the excavator to the job using power modes including new Smart mode that automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to your digging conditions.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for your precise digging requirements.
- The electronically controlled, turbocharged engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards using a transparent after treatment system that requires no operator input or downtime.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don't let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has a standard high ambient temperature capability of 52º C (125º F) and cold start capability of -18º C (0º F). An optional -32º C (-25º F) cold start package is available.
- TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE -
- Boost productivity up to 45% vs traditional grading with the standard Cat GRADE with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability.
- Dig with real-time guidance on depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade.
- The 2D system is upgradeable to Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D or Cat GRADE with 3D.
- Standard Grade Assist -
- Stay on grade - simply and effortlessly - with single-lever digging.
- Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications for easy, accurate, and fast jobs.
- Keep your tracks on the ground in lifting and hard digging with Boom Assist. Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications withSwing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
- Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system -
- Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging.
- Take payload data with you. The monitor’s USB port lets you download your results from one shift all the way up to 30 days of work so can manage your progress without needing an internet connection or VisionLink subscription.
- Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and load/cycle counts.
- Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D -
- Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D -
- Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage's full range of motion on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor.
- Know the excavator's exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like GRADE with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
- The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch and roll caused by sloping ground conditions.
- Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink® online interface, helping you improve jobsite efficiency with lower operating costs.
- Improve your accuracy and safety – Add a new Cat Tiltrotator system upgrade with factory-fit joysticks. The system allows a Tiltrotator to work with standard Cat 2D Grade and E-Fence; it uses the standard cab monitor to display the tool and engage its SecureLock™ so you don’t need spend money on an extra monitor.
- DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS -
- Two cab options – Deluxe, and Premium – let you choose the level of comfort you need.
- Enjoy wide spacing between consoles for a more spacious comfortable environment.
- Sit in new, wide seats that adjust for operators of all sizes (heated and heated/cooled options are available).
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console (in Deluxe and Premium cabs only).
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls located in front of you.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature throughout your shift.
- Improved viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50% over our previous excavator models.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are included.
- The standard radio has USB ports and Bluetooth® technology enabled to connect your device and make hands-free calls.
- BUILT FOR LONG TERM PRODUCTION -
- Protect hydraulic components in cold weather. The auto warm-up feature speeds hydraulic oil warming in cooler temperatures.
- The fuel system is protected from contamination of fuel by three levels of filtration.
- Bottom guarding protects engine and hydraulic components from damage while swinging and traveling.
- The hydraulic tank with a new oval shape designed to improve stress resistance.
- The strong X-structure lower frame carries loads from the excavator's upper structure to the track.
- Travel motor hydraulic lines are routed inside of the frame to protect them from damage.
- The sloped track frame design prevents mud and debris from accumulating and damaging tracks.
- The grease lubricated tracks have grease sealed between the pin and bushing to prevent debris from entering and reducing life.
- The track rollers are rebuild-able and sealed to prevent dirt and debris causing wear of internal components.
- A bolt-on track guiding guard helps maintain track alignment while traveling or working on slopes.
- SIMPLE TO OPERATE -
- You can navigate quickly on the standard, high-resolution 8 in (203 mm) touchscreen monitor or with the optional 10 in (254 m) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- A second 10 in (254 mm) monitor is available for the advanced grade control.
- Easy keyless push-to-start engine using your Bluetooth key fob, or your smartphone to enable the pushbutton start feature.
- Match the excavator's operation to your digging style by adjusting the joystick response and programming the function of each joystick button.
- Easily use the monitor to change the joystick pattern from the cab. You can choose two-way or four-way patterns options. Store your pattern preference and let the machine automatically set the pattern when you log in with your unique Operator ID.
- Protect your hammer from overworking. Auto hammer stop warns you after 15 seconds of continuous firing and then automatically shuts it off after 30 seconds -- all to prevent wear and tear on the attachment and excavator.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator's manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- The Cat PL161 Attachment Locator is a Bluetooth device that makes finding your attachments and other gear quick and easy. The excavator's onboard Bluetooth reader or Cat App on your phone will locate the device automatically.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity; it also ensures all the attachment settings are correct so you can get to work quickly and efficiently.
- Auto Dig Boost increases power by up to 8% for better bucket penetration, shorter cycle times, and greater payloads.
- LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS -
- Extended maintenance intervals reduce maintenance costs by 25% over the Cat 323F excavator (15% savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours).
- Reversing electric cooling fans make it easy to clean radiator, oil coolers, and condensers.
- An all-new engine air cleaner with integrated pre-cleaner has twice the life of radial seal air cleaners.
- Using Cat genuine oil and filters and doing your typical S∙O∙S monitoring will double the current service interval to 1,000 hours, giving you greater uptime to do more work.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3000 hour replacement interval – 50% longer than previous filter designs.
- Track your excavator's filter life and maintenance intervals can via the in-cab monitor.
- Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new engine oil dip stick located on ground level.
- S·O·S ports with extended sampling intervals are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allows for quick easy extraction of samples for fluid analysis.
- SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY -
- Work safely under structures or near traffic with the standard 2D E-fence feature integrated right out of the factory, which prevents any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points, avoiding hazards and jobsite accidents.
- Access 100% of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of excavator.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2 2008 requirements.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a flat engine hood design.
- The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position.
- Ground level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- A rearview camera is standard and upgradeable to an optional 360° visibility camera for visibility all around the excavator, allowing the operator to easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- New right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping. The handrails comply with ISO 2867 requirements.
- Enhance operator safety by adding Cat Command to your fleet. The remote control system keeps you away from potential hazards. The new non-line-of-site kit comes with Wi-Fi radio, cameras, and microphone to allow you to work anywhere you want.