568 Forest Machine
As the first model in the Cat 500 Series of forest machines, the 568 meets Tier 4 Interim emissions standards. The 568 features increased horsepower, more efficient hydraulics, longer track frames for more stability, and ground-level accessibility for maintenance.
It is available in a general forestry configuration for road building, site prep and processing; and in a log loader version for log loading, shovelling, butt-n-top loading and millyard applications.
568 Forest Machine - Specifications
|Net Flywheel Power||
|Number of Cylinders||
|Log Loader (U/U)||
|Log Loader (O/U)||
14.8 gal (US)
8.1 gal (US)
46.2 gal (US)
|Final Drive - Each||
2.1 gal (US)
|Hydraulic System - Total||
100.4 gal (US)
|Fuel Tank Capacity - Main||
163.8 gal (US)
|Swing Drive - Log Loader 2x||
5.3 gal (US)
|Fuel Tank Capacity - Total||
317 gal (US)
|Swing Drive - General Forestry||
5 gal (US)
|Fuel Tank Capacity - RF||
153.2 gal (US)
ISO 10265:1998 ISO 11512:1995
ISO 8083:1989 LEVEL I ISO 8083:1989 LEVEL II*
|Maximum Pressure - Implements||
|Pilot System - Maximum Flow||
|Pilot System - Maximum Pressure||
|Auxiliary Pump - Maximum Pressure - Capacity||
|General Forestry - Boom Cylinder - Stroke||
|Auxiliary Pump - Maximum Flow - Factory Setting||
|Auxiliary Pump - Maximum Flow - Capacity||
|Auxiliary Pump - Maximum Pressure - Factory Setting||
|Log Loader - Bottom Heel Cylinder - Stroke||
|General Forestry - Boom Cylinder - Bore||
|Log Loader - Top Heel Cylinder - Bore||
|General Forestry - Stick Cylinder - Bore||
|General Forestry - Bucket Cylinder - Stroke||
|Log Loader - Boom Cylinder - Stroke||
|Log Loader - Bottom Heel Cylinder - Bore||
|Maximum Pressure - Swing - Single||
|Log Loader - Stick Cylinder - Bore||
|Log Loader - Stick Cylinder - Stroke||
|General Forestry - Stick Cylinder - Stroke||
|Main Pump System - Maximum Flow (2x)||
|Maximum Pressure - Swing - Dual||
|General Forestry - Bucket Cylinder - Bore||
|Log Loader - Boom Cylinder - Bore||
|Log Loader - Top Heel Cylinder - Stroke||
|Maximum Drawbar Pull||
|Maximum Travel Speed||
|Number of Carrier Rollers - Each Side||
|Number of Shoes - Each Side||
|Number of Track Rollers - Each Side||
|Swing Torque - Log Loader||
|Maximum Swing Speed - General Forestry||
|Maximum Drawbar Pull||
|Swing Torque - General Forestry||
|Maximum Swing Speed - Log Loader||
|Operator Height from Ground (eye level) - General Forestry Cab 0.48 m (18 in) Riser||
|Maximum Speed High Range||
|Operator Height from Ground (eye level) - Log Loader Cab 1.2 m (48 in) Riser||
568 Forest Machine - Standard Equipment
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- BOOMS, STICKS AND LINKAGES
- Front Linkage
- Thumb control
- LINE GROUPS
- Boom Lines
- Stick Lines
- OTHER ATTACHMENTS
- Straight travel pedal
- Auxiliary drive
- International - ISO films
- FIELD INSTALLED ATTACHMENTS
- Kit, AEM cab installation
- Kit, Butt-N-Top installation
- Order Change Charges
568 Forest Machine - Related Products
- MOVE MORE WITH LESS FUEL -
- Cat C9.3 engine delivers more horsepower using less fuel and meets current Tier 4 Interim emissions standards.
- Isochronous speed control to maintain a constant speed - regardless of load - to improve fuel economy.
- Three power modes are offered: high power, standard power, and economy power.
- Offers the flexibility of running on either ultra‑low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less or bio diesel (B20) fuel blended with ULSD.
- Equipped with one-touch idle to reduce engine speed quickly and conserving fuel.
- POWERFUL EFFICIENCY -
- Efficient hydraulic horsepower is a key advantage to Cat Forest Machines.
- More than just the engine power under the hood.
- Hydraulic horsepower for the 568 increased from the previous series' output due to pump and other system improvements, meaning you move more material in less time.
- A high-pressure system tackles the toughest of work in short order. A new one-piece, cast-block, back-to-back main control valve features resized and reshaped oil passages for improved efficiency and serviceability; stackable auxiliary valve attachments mount on top of the main valve, allowing auxiliary hydraulic lines and valve configurations to be simplified for greater reliability.
- Return filter is a capsule design with a cartridge inside. Unlike many competitors, the Cat cartridge features a handle to help remove and change without oil spillage or contamination. A sensor attached to the filter warns the operator if it is plugging or exceeds a certain pressure level.
- The swing priority circuit uses a new electric valve that's operated by the machine's improved Electronic Control Module (ECM) for more finely tuned control for more productive material loading.
- A new electric boom regeneration valve minimizes pump flow when the boom lowers, improving fuel economy. It is optimized for any dial speed setting being used by the operator, which aids controllability and enhances component durability.
- A Stick Regeneration Circuit regenerates the flow of oil from the rod end of the stick cylinder to the head end of the stick cylinder during low-load, stick-in operation, saving energy and expense.
- OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL -
- New seat options include air suspension, heated standard, and heated and air-cooled option. Each seat includes a reclining back, upper and lower seat slide adjustments, and height and tilt angle adjustments to meet operator preferences.
- Right and left joystick consoles can be adjusted to meet the operator's preference, enhancing comfort and productivity.
- One-touch idle reduces engine speed saving fuel; touch control button again or move the joystick and the machine returns to normal operating level.
- Optional heavy-lift mode increases machine system pressure to improve lift. Heavy lift mode also reduces engine speed and pump flow in order to improve controllability.
- A new LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor is 40% larger and offers higher resolution for better visibility.
- Updated climate control system provides comfortable working conditions.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION -
- The upper frame includes new reinforced mountings to support the Roll-Over Protective Structure (ROPS) cab.
- Longer undercarriage system provides added stability in the most demanding applications.
- Heavy-duty track rollers, and carrier rollers, press-fit pin master joints, and enhanced track shoe bolts improve durability and reduce the risk of machine downtime.
- New full-length guiding guard maintains track alignment and improves performance and undercarriage life.
- A redesigned motor housing prevents mud packing and debris buildup around seals.
- OPTIONS TO MEET YOUR NEEDS -
- General Forestry and Log Loader booms and sticks are available. Each is built with internal baffle plates for added durability, quality and reliability. Large box-section structures with thick, multi-plate fabrications, castings, and forgings are used in high-stress areas to improve durability.
- Two General Forestry, two Log Loader boom and stick, and three heel options available to match a variety of forestry applications. There is also a DB-Family Bucket Linkage available for the General Forestry configurations.
- An extensive range of tools can be fit including grapples, buckets and thumbs. Each is designed to optimize the versatility and performance of your machine.
- A complete line of shovel and loading grapples are available, including 52", 55" and 60" sizes to meet a range of applications.
- Quick couplers allow one person to change work tools in seconds for maximum performance and flexibility on a job site. One machine can move rapidly from task to task, and a fleet of similarly equipped machines can share a common work tool inventory.
- EFFICIENCY THROUGH TECHNOLOGY -
- The 568 features unique electric boom and stick regeneration valves. The valves use gravity during typical “boom down” or “stick in” operations to regenerate flow of oil from the head end of the cylinder to the rod end of the cylinder instead of sending it all the way back to the hydraulic tank. This distinct Cat solution increases efficiency and reduces cycle times and pressure loss for higher productivity and lower fuel costs.
- A high pressure hydraulic system as standard. It is a one-piece, cast-block, back-to-back control valve, improving efficiency and serviceability. Auxiliary valves are stackable and mounted on top of the main valve, simplifying and leading to greater reliability. Fuel consumption is reduced by re-sizing and shaping of the oil passages inside the new valve.
- Cat Product Link* technology is a deeply integrated machine monitoring system designed to help customers improve their overall fleet management. Events and diagnostic codes as well as hours, fuel consumption, idle time, machine location, and other data are transmitted to a secure, web-based application called VisionLink™, which uses powerful tools to communicate to users and dealers. *Product Link licensing is not available in all areas. Please consult your Cat dealer for availability.
- TOP-TIER SERVICE AND SUPPORT -
- The 568 accommodates servicing most maintenance items from the safety and comfort of ground level.
- Wider, taller service doors feature sturdier hinges and latches, and a new slotted-hole vent design preventing debris entry. A new one-piece hood provides easier access to the engine and cooling compartments along with a new hood screen design to prevent debris entry.
- The radiator, pump and air cleaner compartments provide easy access to major components. When an air cleaner plugs, a warning is displayed on the in-cab monitor.
- The electric priming pump is mounted on the primary filter base and is more reliable and easier to service than traditional hand-priming pumps.
- The engine oil check gauge is situated in front of the engine compartment and is easy to remove.
- The engine oil filter is located in the pump compartment for easy access.