Cat® C2.8 Diesel Engine
The Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 55 bkW (74 bhp) @ 2500 rpm. The C2.8 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aerial lifts, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Cat® C2.8 Diesel Engine - Specifications
280 lb-ft @ 1360 rpm
380 Nm @ 1360 rpm
2200 - 2400 rpm
U.S. EPA & CARB Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V
Turbocharged (T) and Turbocharged-Aftercooled (TA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
- High Performance - Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of a wide range of equipment types.
- Fuel & Oil - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB, Stage IV or proposed Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 10 ppm sulfur (EU) and 15 ppm sulfur (U.S.), and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.