Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engine
The Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 55 bkW (74 bhp) @ 2500 rpm. The C2.8 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aerial lifts, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engine - Specifications
221 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm
300 Nm @ 1600 rpm
UN ECE R96 Stage IIIA, Brazil MAR-1
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
Turbocharged (T) and Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
- High Performance - Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of a wide range of equipment types.
- Broad Application Range - Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Low Cost Maintenance - Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Capable of optimal oil change intervals of 500 hours. The S•O•S℠ program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
- Quality - Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program