3508C Offshore Generator Set
Cat 3500 offshore generator sets are specifically designed for drilling and production operations offshore. Decades of experience powering offshore vessels and platforms make have evolved into a product that offers proven performance, low emissions, high durability, and low owning and operating costs.Applications for 3500 offshore generator sets include main power, essential services power, and emergency power on-board drilling and production rigs and vessels.Cat generator sets are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty.Cat 3508C offshore generator set. Ratings: 639-779 ekW (799-974 kVA) @ 50 Hz (1500 rpm). Meets IMO Tier II emission standards.
3508C Offshore Generator Set - Specifications
IMO Tier II
3508C Offshore Generator Set - Standard Equipment
- EXHAUST SYSTEM
- Mufflers — spark arresting
- CONTROL SYSTEM
- Direct rack control interface
- COOLING SYSTEM
- Heat exchanger cooling (front engine-mounted includingexpansion tank)
- FUEL SYSTEM
- Duplex fuel filters
- Primary fuel filter
- Fuel cooler — titanium plate type
- Fuel/water separator
- LUBE SYSTEM
- Duplex oil filters
- Bypass centrifugal oil filters
- 15° and 25° tilt capability
- Air prelube
- PROTECTION SYSTEM
- Crankcase explosion relief valves
- Metal particle detector
- Pyrometer and cylinder thermocouples
- Air cleaner restriction sensors(2),
- Intake manifold temperature sensor
- Lubricating oil temperature sensor
- Fuel filter differential pressure sensors
- STARTING SYSTEM
- Redundant start with selector switch (air-electric, air-air,air-hydraulic, or electric-hydraulic)
- Marine Society and IMO certificates
- Jacket water heaters
- Product Design - - Developed specifically to meet the demands of oil and gas applications - Proven reliability and durability - Robust diesel strength design prolongs life and lowers owning and operating costs - Market-leading power density - Designed to perform in oilfield conditions, including high ambient and high altitude applications - Long overhaul life proven in oilfield applications - Core engine components designed for reconditioning and reuse at overhaul
- Ease of Installation - - Inner-outer base mounting configuration simplifies rig integration - Wide range of attachments enable configuration flexibility - Inner base three-point generator mounting maintains factory alignment - Single lifting point simplifies installation work
- Advanced Digital Engine Management - - ADEM A3 engine management system provided engine control, monitoring, and protection.
- Safety - - E-stop pushbutton on instrument panel - Air shutoff and explosion relief valves available - Configurable alarm, derate, and shutdown set points - Extra alarms, inputs, and outputs available
- Custom Packaging - For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your project needs with custom factory generator sets and mechanical packages. Cat engines, generators, controls, radiators, and transmissions can be custom designed and matched in collaboration with our local dealers to create unique solutions. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one year warranty after startup.
- Product Support Offered Through the Global Cat Dealer Network - - More than 2,200 dealer outlets- Cat factory-trained dealer technicians service everyaspect of your Cat petroleum product- Worldwide parts availability, service, and warranty- Preventive maintenance agreements available for repairbefore-failure options- S•O•SSM program matches your oil and coolant samplesagainst Caterpillar set standards to determine:• Internal engine component condition• Presence of unwanted fluids• Presence of combustion by-products• Site-specific oil change interval
- Over 80 Years of Engine Manufacturing Experience - Ownership of these manufacturing processes enablesCaterpillar to produce high quality, dependable products.
- Web Site - For all your petroleum power requirements, visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com.